Types of Massage
There is a broad range of different massage therapies, each with its own merits. These styles vary a great deal while serving the same eventual purpose: healing an individual. Here are some of the various types:
- Swedish massage: Classical or Swedish massage is regarded as the most famous and sophisticated style with a reputation for relieving stress.
- Deep tissue massage: Deep tissue massage focuses on alleviating tension. Unlike Swedish massage, therapists in deep tissue massage aim to eliminate pain by applying pressure to the deeper layers of tissue.
- Hot stone massage: Hot stone massage relieves muscular tension using heat. Instead of exclusively relying on their hands, therapists use basalt stones to help loosen stiff muscles
- Trigger point massage: Trigger point massage focuses exclusively on particular points of pain.
- Sports massage: This is intended for athletes. The massage seeks to target areas of strain and provides enhanced mobility.