Inside the Wire is committed to providing outstanding and professionally administered products and services to our veteran and first responder communities. We make the following information known upfront, in hopes to avoid conflict or concern.
Services, such as aromatherapy, massage, and life coaching are offered by staff who are certified in those programs. Certified means that they took an independent set of courses with examination to be able to offer these services. Understand also, certification is NOT the same a licensure, where some of these services have professionals of practice in each classification. A certification is often stand alone from licensure in the duration of study, board oversight, and liability. Practitioners for Inside the Wire are certified and insured and NOT licensed or monitored by the states in which they practice.
Peer Counseling is offered by staff that themselves have years of counseling experience and have taken advanced studies in mental health, trauma, and counseling. They are peer counselors in that they are not clinically licensed and do not present themselves as such. They make no diagnosis, treat specific illness, offer no prescriptions, and make no certified assessments to mental or physical health. These services are an open ear, a compassionate mind, and if necessary, a channel to help guide through referrals to licensed practitioners for further treatment and consult.
Our organization respects your right to privacy and protects our staff and services by adhering to the following ethical practices that licensed clinicians adhere to:
- Your visits and documentation from said visits are protected records locked in secure storage or, when acquired in a digital form, are encrypted and secured by approved, 3rd party storage with access limited only to the peer or practitioner.
- All services require a waiver and service agreement signed upon the first use of service specific to the service that will remain part of your secured record.
- Use of camping and recreation facilities managed by Inside the Wire will be available on a first-come first-served basis and because of the nature of laws and health department regulations, we are not allowed to permit long-term use beyond 5 consecutive days, when referring to use of Camp Recover.
- At times, we partner with local organizations, such as other service organizations, colleges, community colleges, VA staff, and other volunteers to offer recreational and rehabilitation opportunities for those we serve. These organizations external to Inside the Wire may, at times, require their own liability waivers and their services are not under our direct liability.
- We are NOT part of the Department of Veterans Affairs nor are we directly a part of ANY law enforcement, medical, or other organization or department and we are NOT obligated to report or otherwise disclose your use of our services. Aside from critical circumstances where the lives and safety of those seeking our services or those immediately surrounding are in imminent threat, we are not required to mandatory reporting obligations and we self adhere to confidentiality. We will not respond to requests outside of the same obligations for mandatory reporting that any other organization must adhere to. When we mean confidentiality, WE MEAN IT.
Returns of Products or Refunds of Services
We offer suggested products, at times, to augment the services we offer, such as essential oils or aromatherapy devices we may have in stock. Inside the Wire maintains a refund and returns policy of 30 days, if we were the ORIGINAL merchant of said products purchased by you in our offices or online. If 30 days have passed since your purchase, we can’t offer you a full refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Since most transactions will be conducted online through our website, either by you remotely or while inside our offices or facilities, we will typically have this record already and consider our own lookup to be valid for proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted:
- Book with obvious signs of use
- CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened.
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Once your return is received and inspected, we will either send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item or confirm, in person, that we agree to full or partial refund of the product. We will also notify you of any rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your original method of payment. As each institution has its own independent processing times, the time until the refund is reflected on your statement or in your account is solely upon them and we request you reach out to your institution once we confirm refund has been issued. Services offered, in the form of peer counseling, massage, aromatherapy, life coaching, etc... are always on a donations only basis without set fee. We offer, as a guide what the average market value of these services are in our area and you are at liberty to make or not make a donation for these services. Donations may be eligible for a tax write off up to the guideline amounts set by the IRS and to be eligible we have to maintain record of such donations (not the service type it was given for). Donations are non-refundable and will 100% be used for operations and for the continued providing of services and maintaining facilities and never for the profit of our staff or founders.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com where we will then assist in running down the issue.
We only offer one fixed, regular price on items we may carry in stock. As such, we never have items that are on sale and there is no policy for sale items necessary outside of the policies outlined above.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the office and we'll see what we can do.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be e-mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we are required to send a refund to the original purchaser, who will, indirectly, know the item was returned by you.
To return your product, you should mail your product to:
Inside the Wire LLC
10210 Governor Lane Blvd
Williamsport, MD 21795
While ideal you would pay for your own shipping costs for returning your item, contact us at email@example.com and include your origin address from which you are returning if you have an issue and we may be able to generate a return label. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. If you send a product back without prior authorization of return, we may, at our sole discretion retain the item and issue no refund. We do not have a large staff or fulfillment team, so every moment we spend running down unauthorized returns is less time we have to serve our population.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are returning more expensive items, you may consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to refunds and returns.
Disputes Against Charges Made to Inside the Wire
If you have a statement that includes charges from Inside the Wire and you do not recognize the charges, please contact us first so that we may assist in helping resolve. You can send us an email to initiate this process at email@example.com, but NEVER include complete credit card numbers or attach documents with complete financial information to the email for your own protection. You may also stop by the offices during business hours to discuss.
If you fail to notify us prior to disputing a charge with a financial institution, those institutions contact our payment gateway to open disputes where they investigate, independently of us, any transactions in dispute and require from us, any supporting documentation to the validity of the purchase. We are obligated by our contracts with them to provide this information free of bias or discourse, but we must provide it accurately and from the systems of record from which it was processed. If we in fact made an error, we honor the dispute and offer the refund, however if the dispute is invalid they may seek recourse independent of us and for which we are not liable. If there is an issue about your payment beyond a dispute, please let us know within 7 business days so we can work with you to resolve, otherwise we will not be able to address the matter and we will not purger ourselves on your behalf.